So my birthday was last Saturday, October 18. It was all planned out. After classes on Friday, Erik and I were going to go out to dinner with my parents. Then do presents at their house. Then come home. On Saturday, Erik and I were going to hang out at the house and maybe have some of my friends over to go to the beach. Then on Sunday, Erik and I were going to go to church, then go over to his parent’s house for dinner.
However, things did not quite work out this way. Friday was fine. We went to Chilis for dinner. Then we went back to my parent’s house to open presents. I got movies from my mom and clothes from my grandparents. However these clothes they got me, I will never wear in my life. But, I was nice and said thank you.
Now, remember, in my plan, we were supposed to go back home, but did we? No. Instead, Erik wanted to go to Brandon. So we did. I figured we would go there and hang out for a couple hours then go home. But no, that’s not how in happened. We ended up staying the night. Then om Saturday, instead of going home to celebrate my birthday like I wanted to, we sat at their house. It started out fine however, we watched the USF homecoming game. And of course USF kicked ass. After the game, things started going downhill for me. Erik’s friends invited some of their friends over. More and more of their friends showed up. I called 2 of my friends to come over, but they couldn’t come until later. So it ended up being me sitting on the couch by myself, playing games on my computer, while everyone else hung out outside getting drunk. You see, I don’t drink, so this “party” that was supposed to be for MY birthday was just an excuse for them to throw a party and get drunk. Not exactly my idea of a fun birthday. So as I sat on the couch, Erik would ask what was wrong with me, and I told him the truth, I was bored. But he didn’t really care because all his friends were there that he hadn’t seen in years. So it was ok for him to leave me in the living room alone. My friends ended up showing up, but they grabbed a drink and joined the rest of the party. One of them got really drunk and they had to leave. Then, just to top things off, we got a phone call that our friend’s parents got into a car accident, and were freaking out. We were really close to the parents so we got in the car and left. Once we got there, we tried to calm things down. Finally, things calmed down, and I was ready to go to bed. But Erik was hungry. So we went to Applebee’s to get some appetizers to go. We got back to their house and ate, then finally got to go to sleep. Erik passed right out, but I was too busy getting attacked by a kitten. (We had to sleep on the floor because they only have a two bedroom trailer and both bedrooms were taken.) Being the nice girlfriend I am, I was up most of the night keeping the cat away from Erik because he is highly allergic to cats.
We got up the next morning to go to church, but once we got to Erik’s house to shower and change, I fell asleep on the couch. So we didn’t go to church. We slept for a couple hours on the couch. Then got up and watched the Giants’ football game. During half time, we ate, then after the game, we left to come home. Once we got home, we watched T.V.
On Monday, I came to class, and Rachel, Amy and Deb made me birthday cards. It was so nice that my friends that I just made this year could go through the trouble when even the friends that I have had for years on years didn’t get me anything.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll speak for the group and say we were all happy that we made you cards. I also don't think they would care if I said that we're equally as happy our little group has formed, and that individuals so different have formed sucha difunctional but crazy fun group to spend every waking moment with. Again, even a week or so late, Happy Birthday Laura, we'll be celebrating for a while, just cause the four of us are so close. Sometimes it isn't the birthday, it's just what people do fot it. =]
Im sorry that your birhtday sucked.
I think birthdays are supposed to suck and then the next day will be brighter, say when a group of friends give you a homemade card :]
Next year will be better, heck who knows there still might be a surprise bday party coming for you?
Then again, considering your diet consists of fast foods, they just might have to make you a cake that is made of burger king fries :]]
Post a Comment