Friday, October 17, 2008
A Good Deed
Tuesday morning when we got out of class early, Amy, Rachel and I went to Subway so I could get food before Biology class. We waited outside until they opened, then I went inside and ordered my foot long spicy italian with a lot of pickles and parmesan cheese. When I came out, it was about time to go to class so se started walking. Outside of Cooper Hall, there was this old man in a wheelchair slowly rolling himself to the door. The walkway to the doors was slightly includes and we could tell he was having a rough time. Just as I was thinking it in my head, Amy says “Should we help him out?” We all agreed that we should. Amy went op to the guy and asked if he would like some help. He looked relieved as he said “Yes please.” Amy pushed the man in the wheelchair up to the doors and I held open the door. The guy thanked us gratefully and went on his way. We all felt so good about ourselves and what we had done to help out this man. We saw other people walking past him like it was no big deal that he seemed to be struggling. I knew this man was thankful that we had helped him. I know I would have been grateful to have someone help me if I was in need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment