Wednesday, September 3, 2008

This Is Emo

This story makes absolutely no sense. The author seems to be upset about a girl who wouldn’t go to Manhattan with him, and he rambles on and on about how love is fake. I don’t think I understand some of this story because I don’t know who all the people mentioned are. However I did understand some of the jokes that were thrown into the story.
I do, however, have to agree with him that the media makes love out to be something its not and that is what every person in America wants. We do want that perfect love like we see on television, or hear in songs. But what is true love? You really can’t know because everything we “know” about love is what we’ve seen on television, or from our parents who in turn saw on television.
I am really not sure exactly how this story is a memoir. I understand that he is talking about when he realized that he will never be satisfied by any woman. But he is not talking about a specific moment. He mentions two women that he had dated and many other things that happened that contributed to this thought about “fake love.” However, he is not talking about one specific moment.

No comments: